Homeland Security and the Federal network Resilience division are in charge of creating new innovative approaches to encourage change in cyber security by leveraging practices across their networks.
They gather cyber security requirements and develop operational policies for our federal government.
They focus on establishing metrics that will have a great impact on improving security.
By providing out reach and collaborating with the office of management, the chief information officer and individual agency chief are able to keep on top of this security.
USCYBERCOM coordinates, plans, synchronizes, integrates, and conducts activities to:
- Preparation to conduct full spectrum military cyber space operations
- Direct the defense and operations of specified departments of defense information networks
- Ensure freedom of action within cyber space
There are three main focus areas:
- Strengthening our nations ability to withstand and respond to cyber attack
- Defending the DoDIN
- Providing support commanders for execution of their missions around the world
They are a sub-unified command unit that service elements which include:
- Marine Forces Cyber Command
- Air Force Cyber Command
- Fleet Cyber Command
- Army Cyber Command
Our national symbol is the eagle. We chose the eagle as our symbol because they have keen eyesight that allows it to pierce the darkness and remain vigilant. The dual swords represent the nature of the command to defend the nation and engage enemies in the right domain. The bolt of lightening is for speed of operations and illustrates the commands tole to secure out cyber domain.
The national security council, or NSC, is the principal forum to consider national security and foresight policy. They also service as the principal arm for coordinating policies among many different government agencies.
Its regular occupants are:
- Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs
- Secretary of Defense
- Secretary of the Treasury
- Secretary of State
- Vice President
- Chief of Staff to the President
- Counsel to the President
- Assistant to the President for Economic Policy
NSC was established by the national security act of 1947 and amended by 1949. Later in 1949 the council was placed in the Executive Office of the President.
They are also in charge of cyber space health products, like fenugreek testosterone booster reviews, to make sure no fake promotions are being used.